Our homemade gluten-free spaghetti O’s recipe is the next best thing for kids! They don’t have to miss out on this kid favorite dish as all the flavors have been transformed into a gluten-free version that is just as tasty.
Kids love spaghettios – there is just something about eating canned pasta that kids will always think is the best meal. With this recipe, kids won’t even know the difference! A simple recipe made with gluten free pasta and homemade sauce to create a dish that is flavorful and more nutritious than the canned variety. A recipe all parents can stand behind!
This recipe is great to serve at home during the week for lunch or dinner or pour in a thermos for kids to pack in a lunchbox. If your kids enjoy packing hot lunch for school, Velveeta Cheese Sauce Dip, Broccoli Cauliflower Soup, and Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are must try thermos recipes.
Changing to a gluten free lifestyle can be difficult for kids especially if you have an older child. Finding ways for kids to enjoy their favorites with a gluten-free twist is one of the best ways to encourage your child to be accepting of the lifestyle. This is a great recipe to start with!
A box of gluten free corn pasta rings was used along with nutritional yeast that adds a delicious cheesy flavor to the homemade sauce. When ready to start cooking, gather the ingredients then follow the simple directions below.
- 7 oz. box pasta rings
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
How To Make
This recipe is prepped, cooked and ready to serve in just 20 minutes. Making up to 6 servings per batch, adjust the ingredients depending on the same of your family.
Cook the gluten-pasta rings per box directions then drain and set aside.
Make the homemade sauce.
Add butter, tomato sauce, milk, honey, nutritional yeast, and spices to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Then, stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and mix until combined. Serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe can be served immediately in a bowl at home or poured into a thermos to send in a lunchbox.
Of course! Sausage crumbles or gluten-free diced meatballs can be added to make Spaghettios with meatballs or gluten-free hot dogs can be mixed in.
1/4 cup of grated parmesan is a great replacement for the nutritional yeast.
More Gluten Free Meals For Kids
We don’t stop here with this homemade spaghettios recipe! We have made it our mission to create gluten-free recipes for kids with their favorite dishes in mind. Check out this recipe list for more quick and easy meal ideas:
- Gluten Free Cheesy Potatoes
- Gluten-Free Lunch Ideas
- Homemade Gluten-Free Granola Bar
- Gluten-Free Baked Ziti with Sausage
- Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Donuts
Gluten-free Spaghetti O’s Recipe
- 8.8 ounce anellini gluten-free pasta We used La Veneziane corn pasta
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast check for gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Boil the pasta. Boil pasta rings per box directions, drain and set aside.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer. While the pasta is boiling, in another sauce pan add butter, tomato sauce, milk, honey, nutritional yeast, and spices. Bring to a simmer. Stir pasta into sauce.
- Serve. Serve immediately or refrigerate then reheat to put into thermos for lunch.
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan is a great replacement for the nutritional yeast.
- Serve in a bowl or pack in a thermos.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days to reheat as desired.