Healthy lunchbox ideas for kids don’t have to be complicated. Turkey “Sushi” Roll-Ups are a simple twist on a turkey sandwich, & when paired with chopsticks, is guaranteed to be a fun-filled lunchbox idea!
Simple Turkey Roll-Ups
Want to know the secret to getting children eating more of the foods you want them to? It’s much easier than would guess. Simply make food fun to eat. Kids love playing with their food so why not encourage it from time to time?
This healthy lunchbox idea for kids is both simple to make and fun for kids to eat. It would be a pretty tasty lunch idea for work too.
This simple lunchbox idea takes no extra time in the morning. To make it even quicker, buy pre-shredded carrots, shredded cheese, and your favorite turkey meat.
You could switch it up and make Ham Roll-Ups or Chicken Roll-Ups the same way too.
Serve these turkey roll-ups with chopsticks, and you instantly have Turkey “Sushi”!
Your kids will have a blast eating these fun sushi turkey wraps. Find my favorite kid-friendly chopsticks and silverware set for lunchboxes here or save a set of chopsticks the next time you go out for Chinese food.
This idea is so simple and kid-friendly, I used the recipe on a taping of our local cooking show, Living With Amy. You can check out the segment by clicking here.Print
Turkey Roll-Ups / Turkey “Sushi” is a simple, yet fun, lunch box idea for kids.
- whole grain wrap
- 2 ounces turkey meat (ham and rotisserie chicken work well too)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- small handful of shredded carrots
- 4-5 spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp. of your favorite dip such as hummus, ranch, mayo, etc.
- Spread dressing of choice on the wrap
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the dressing
- Top with spinach and turkey
- To get carrots in the middle, place them horizontally across the bottom part of the tortilla
- Carefully start rolling the end of the wrap with the carrots over itself, rolling tightly as you go
- Slice into pieces and place in plastic lunchbox container, serve with chopsticks for added fun!
- Serving Size: 1
It just might get them dunking a couple extra veggies too. 🙂
What is your favorite lunchbox idea for kids? I am always looking for new ideas!
FREE Kids Cooking eBook!
Do you want your children eating a more varied diet, but wonder how to get more fruit and veggies into their meals & snacks? This eBook is a fun filled way to get kids eating better while having age appropriate fun!