Learn how to cook a Grilled Porterhouse Steak perfectly every time in just a few simple steps.
- 2 King Cut Porterhouse Steaks
- coarsely ground salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- high-heat oil, such as canola
- roasted garlic butter (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season steak liberally with coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper on both sides.
- Prepare grates with oil right before placing steak onto the grill. Place steak onto the grill. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip. Cook an additional 5 - 7 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium.
- Let the steaks rest at least 5-10 minutes before cutting into them to keep the juices from running out. The internal temperature will continue to rise 5-10° as it rests.
- Enjoy with a side salad or baked potato.