An Old Fashioned chicken pot pie recipe that's filled with hearty vegetables and chicken in a creamy sauce that comes together quickly using pre-made pie crusts.
- 2 store-bought pie crusts
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour.
- Slowly whisk chicken broth into flour mixture a little at a time, whisking the whole time, making a roux.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and slowly whisk milk into the roux.
- Stir in spices.
- Add mixed vegetables and chicken
- Pour mixture into pie crust, top with second pie crust, pinching edges to seal.
- For a shiny pie crust, brush with 1-2 tbsp. milk.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let pot pie sit for 5 -10 minutes before serving.