Looking for simple & easy camping desserts? Look no further than this delicious campfire dessert that’s made from fresh or canned peaches.
- 4 fresh peaches or 1 can peaches, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2–3 tbsp butter
- heavy duty foil
- Before leaving for your camping trip, place brown sugar and butter in a ziplock bag. Store in the refrigerator or cooler until ready to use. Blend together with fingers in the bag right before use.
- Spread 4 large pieces of heavy-duty foil on the picnic table or counter.
- Slice peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Place peach onto the foil. Pour 1/4th of the butter/sugar mixture onto the middle of the peach. Place peach back together and wrap tightly with foil. Repeat for the rest of the peaches.
- Place into hot coals in the campfire. Let cook about 15 minutes or until the peaches are softened. Take care opening foil as steam will escape.
- Let cool a little and enjoy!
Optional: Top with granola, mascarpone, or vanilla ice cream