Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup is a delicious slow cooker butternut squash soup recipe that combines squash, apples, carrots, and coconut milk into a creamy soup the whole family will love.
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 10 oz. bag of shredded carrots
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh, or 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can coconut milk
- Using an apple peeler, peel the butternut squash, remove seeds, then dice.
- Place squash, carrots, onion, and apple into the crockpot.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, sage, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
- Puree with an immersion blender or carefully pour into blender.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Taste, then add more salt or pepper if needed.
Love pumpkin? Stir in a can of pumpkin puree, a delicious addition.
This recipe is adapted from Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup by Gimme Some Oven.