Our Baked Brussels sprouts are quick and easy and come out of the oven crispy and delicious in just a couple of simple steps. These are so good your whole family just might find a new veggie they like! Gluten-free.
Baked Brussels Sprouts is one of my go-to roasted vegetable recipes. With only 3 ingredients, you can create a flavorful side dish that everyone enjoys.
If you know someone who thinks they hate Brussels Sprouts, they need to try this recipe. Until you have tried oven-roasted Brussels Sprouts, you can truly not decide if you’re a sprout lover or hater.
If you’re feeling adventurous then test out all of these delicious recipes with your family! Brussels Sprouts are extremely versatile & are great served warm or chilled.
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries & Almonds
- Brussels Sprout Soup
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Marinated Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Brussels sprouts with Bacon
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sliced Brussels Sprouts onto baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix the sprouts, adding more olive oil if needed to coat the sprouts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until sprouts are browned and softened. Flip the sprouts halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
HOW DO I PREP BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Before adding the Brussel Sprouts to your baking sheet, you will need to trim each sprout. Here is a quick guide on how-to trim Brussel sprouts:
- Trim the end by using a sharp knife to slice off the stem
- Remove the outer leaves
- Place on a cutting board and slice each sprout in half
COOKING TIP: You can make Brussel Sprout chips by drizzling olive oil over the outer leaves and spreading evenly out on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. It is a quick & tasty way to eliminate food waste!
Once the sprouts are trimmed and sliced, spread onto a baking sheet. Then, drizzle with olive oil.
With clean hands, gently mix the sprouts into the olive oil until each Brussels Sprout is coated in oil. Add more olive oil if needed.
Check out these flavor options to drizzle or sprinkle on top of the olive oil coated sprouts:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
Looking for an easy way to get your kids to try Brussels Sprouts? Have them pick the flavor combination and be in charge of drizzling or sprinkling on the ingredient. The more involved, the more likely they are to try the finished dish.
What to serve with Brussels Sprouts
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Brussels sprouts for Kids
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts washed trimmed and sliced in half
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep the Brussels sprouts. Place sliced Brussels sprouts onto a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix the sprouts, adding more olive oil if needed to coat the sprouts.1 pound Brussels sprouts washed, 2-4 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- ⭐️Bake. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until sprouts are browned and softened. Flip the Brussels sprouts halfway through.
- Serve. Serve immediately.