Baked Brussels sprouts are a quick and easy brussel sprouts recipe that comes out of the oven crispy and delicious in just a couple simple steps.
Baked Brussels Sprouts is one of my go-to roasted vegetable recipes. With only 3 ingredients, you can create a flavorful side dish that everyone enjoys.
If you know someone who thinks they hate Brussels Sprouts, they need to try this recipe. Until you have tried oven roasted Brussels Sprouts, you can truly not decide if you’re a sprout lover or hater.
If you’re feeling adventurous then test out all of these delicious recipes with your family! Brussels Sprouts are extremely versatile & are great served warm or chilled.
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries & Almonds
- Brussels Sprout Soup
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Marinated Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Brussels sprouts with Bacon
How to Make Baked Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place sliced Brussels Sprouts onto baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix the sprouts, adding more olive oil if needed to coat the sprouts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until sprouts are browned and softened. Flip the sprouts halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Check out this video for step-by-step instructions on how to make Baked Brussels Sprouts!
HOW DO I PREP BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Before adding the Brussel Sprouts to your baking sheet, you will need to trim each sprout. Here is a quick guide on how-to trim Brussel sprouts:
- Trim the end by using a sharp knife to slice off the stem
- Remove the outer leaves
- Place on a cutting board and slice each sprout in half
COOKING TIP: You can make Brussel Sprout chips by drizzling olive oil over the outer leaves and spreading evenly out on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. It is a quick & tasty way to eliminate food waste!
Once the sprouts are trimmed and sliced, spread onto a baking sheet. Then, drizzle with olive oil.
With clean hands, gently mix the sprouts into the olive oil until each Brussels Sprout is coated in oil. Add more olive oil if needed.
CAN I ADD OTHER FLAVORS TO THE OVEN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Absolutely! Check out these flavor options to drizzle or sprinkle on top of the olive oil coated sprouts:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
I love to combine different ingredients to create a crispy and flavor bursting Brussel Sprout. My current favorite flavor combination is honey balsamic – SO good!
Looking for an easy way to get your kids to try Brussels Sprouts? Have them pick the flavor combination and be in charge of drizzling or sprinkling on the ingredient. The more involved, the more likely they are to try the finished dish.
If you are looking for recipes to pair with your baked Brussels for dinner, Crockpot Chicken Legs, Beef Tenderloin Steak and Baked Pork Chops are some of the most common recipes I will cook to serve with my sprouts.
Have a great time in the kitchen cooking your miniature cabbages & creating memories with your family!
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Baked Brussels sprouts
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts washed trimmed and sliced in half
- 2-4 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sliced Brussels sprouts onto baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix the sprouts, adding more olive oil if needed to coat the sprouts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until sprouts are browned and softened. Flip the Brussels sprouts halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!