These double chocolate brownies are so good it's hard to just have one. They are oil-free and contain no flour. The best black bean brownies you will ever try!
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling on top (use milk chocolate chips for sweeter brownies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 8 x 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add drained black beans plus 2 tbsp. water to blender. Puree until smooth. Add additional tbsp. of water if the beans are still too thick to puree. Scrape sides to ensure all beans are pureed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to blender, blending until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until knife inserted into center of pan comes out clean.
Adapted from Fudgy Black Bean Brownies