Crockpot Mulled Cider, a spiced cider recipe perfect for any seasonal gathering. The combination of mulling spices and apple cider makes a delightful drink.
- 1-quart high-quality apple cider
- 2– 3 tbsp. mulling spices
- cheesecloth and kitchen twine
- Optional: sliced oranges, cranberries, whiskey
- Pour apple cider into your slow cooker.
- Cut a peice of cheesecloth (about a 4×4 inch square). Place mulling spices onto cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine.
- Place spice packet into cider.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours. Remove spices and turn to warm to keep the cider warm.
- Granish with orange slices and cranberries if desired.
- For an alcholic version, add a shot of brandy, whiskey, or apple schnapps
Stovetop directions: This recipe is designed for the slow cooker, but you can also simmer the cider covered over low heat on the stovetop for about 1 hour.