Crockpot chicken legs are super simple. This Drumstick recipe uses a Ranch marinade that’s brushed onto the chicken then cooked in your slow cooker for a delicious appetizer or main dinner entree.
This Crockpot Chicken Legs recipe meets all my expectations and is one of my new favorite meals to make as an appetizer or main entree. This recipe is a crowd-pleaser and is made with only 3 ingredients! Chicken legs are great because they are an inexpensive cut of meat but super flavorful.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Related: Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken recipes are a staple in my house because my family LOVES chicken. Between chicken breasts, chicken thighs, and chicken legs, I find myself making at least one chicken recipe each week. Finding ways to get creative is key. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve chicken.
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
Looking for a new slow cooker? Check out my favorite crockpot here.
HOW TO MAKE
- In a small bowl blend oil and dry ranch dressing
- Place chicken legs into the bottom of the slow cooker
- Brush ranch marinade evenly over the tops of the chicken using a silicone pastry brush or spoon.
- Place the cover over the crockpot and set for 2-4 hours on high OR 4-6 hours on low.
- Serve while hot.
In a small bowl, stir together dry ranch seasoning and oil.
INGREDIENT SWAP: The dry ranch seasoning packet can be swapped with any seasoning packet of your preference. My second favorite packet to use with this recipe is a Rosemary Chicken Seasoning.
Place defrosted chicken legs in a single layer in your crockpot.
Brush the marinade over the top of each chicken leg.
Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours. Then, remove from slow cooker and set on a baking sheet to broil for about 3 minutes for extra crispy skin.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH CROCKPOT CHICKEN LEGS?
Pair with pasta, rice, or a roasted vegetable for a complete meal. Spicy Mushroom Rice is definitely on my list to serve the next time I make this recipe. Having a variety of dipping sauces for your chicken legs is a great way to please every taste bud. Here are a few great options:
- Teriyaki sauce
- Blue cheese
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing
More slow cooker drumstick recipes
More recipes you might enjoy:
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. These chicken legs will be showing up at family gatherings, birthday dinners, summer picnics, and dinner in the near future. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Crockpot Chicken Legs
- 10 Chicken Legs
- 1 oz. packet dry ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp. oil
- In a small bowl blend oil and dry ranch dressing.
- Place chicken legs into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Brush ranch marinated evenly over the tops of the chicken using a silicone pastry brush or spoon.
- Place cover onto the slow cooker and set for 2-4 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low.
- Serve while hot.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!