Crockpot Chicken Pasta comes together in under 5 minutes then cooks for 2 hours. This kid-friendly crockpot meal is simple and delicious, a Mexican-inspired zesty pasta dish that even the pickiest of eaters are sure to enjoy. Gluten-free.
On busy nights sometimes it’s necessary to utilize prepackaged or canned goods to help get dinner ready. Together, canned goods and your crockpot are the perfect solutions for those busy back to school nights. With under 10 ingredients, this crockpot pasta is a quick dinner idea, perfect for on the go nights.
Did you know you can cook pasta right in the crockpot? Keep reading to find out how.
How To Make
- To the crockpot, add chicken, spaghetti sauce, salsa, tomato sauce, broth, garlic, and dry pasta.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Stir in shredded cheese just before serving.
For this dish, we used canned chicken. It’s already cooked and ready to use, simply open the can. It also happens to be low fat and qualifies as heart-healthy. It’s a great product to keep in your pantry for grab-and-go meals.
Kitchen Tip: You can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken if you have it on hand.
Next up – a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Add your favorite salsa. I went with Pace® because it has a nice southwestern flavor and is made with handpicked veggies.
Next, add a jar of tomato sauce, chicken broth, and minced garlic.
Pour in your favorite pasta noodles, stir, and let cook. Let the pasta cook for about 4 hours on low, or 2 on high. Just before serving, stir in cheese.
- turn it into chicken spaghetti by using spaghetti noodles
- swap ground beef, pork, or turkey for the chicken
- Add extra veggies like fresh tomatoes, diced zucchini, or steamed asparagus before serving
- try swiss or provolone in place of the cheddar cheese
A kid-friendly crockpot meal perfect for back-to-school. Your kids will request this one over and over again!
CCK Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Crockpot Chicken Pasta
- 2 9.75 cans chicken ✅
- 24 ounces jar spaghetti sauce ✅
- 24 ounces jar salsa ✅
- 29 ounces can tomato sauce ✅
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth ✅
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese ✅
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese ✅
- Add the ingredient to the slow cooker. To the crock pot, add chicken, spaghetti sauce, salsa, tomato sauce, broth, garlic, and dry pasta.2 9.75 cans chicken, 24 ounces jar spaghetti sauce, 24 ounces jar salsa, 29 ounces can tomato sauce, 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 12 ounces gluten free pasta
- ⭐️Cook. Cook on low for 1.5-2 hours. You can also cook the sauce all day then add the pasta 1.5 hours before serving. *If using regular pasta cook on low for 3-4 hours. Regular pasta holds up longer in a slow cooker.
- ⭐️Serve. Gently stir in shredded cheeses just before serving.1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese