The best creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta recipe around – made with no heavy cream but packed with spinach and tomatoes. This simple creamy chicken pasta is so delicious, your family will request it time and again.
- 1 lb. chicken tenders (or chicken breast, sliced thinly)
- 8 oz. dry penne pasta, cooked per box instructions
- 5 oz. bag fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (about 20 tomatoes), sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 6–8 slices cooked bacon or 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: parmesan cheese, green onions, additional bacon for topping the pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pasta per box instructions.
- Once the pan is hot, add chicken. Cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and releases from the pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Season this side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add butter, garlic, and bacon. Whisk until butter is melted.
- Add flour and whisk into butter mixture.
- Slowly add milk a little at a time, whisking and bringing the heat back up to a simmer between adding more milk. Continue whisking after the milk is added until the mixture thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream cheese and whisk to blend into the mixture.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes.
- Add pasta to the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve with chicken on top or slice chicken and stir into the creamy bacon pasta.
- Add parmesan cheese, green onions, or bacon if desired.
Substitute rotisserie chicken or canned chicken for chicken tenders. Start at step 4 if substitute with cooked chicken.