Looking for a simple breakfast in a cast-iron skillet? Look no further than this hashbrown, sausage, and egg breakfast skillet – the perfect way to start your day.
- 1 – 4.2 oz. box dry hashbrowns
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper (chop and freeze before heading to the campground)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (chop and freeze before heading to the campground)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 eggs
- 6 pre-cooked turkey sausage links, broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add water to hashbrowns per box instructions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over a camp stove.
- Add onions, green peppers, and sausage. Saute until veggies are translucent.
- Add hydrated hashbrowns and let cook for 5 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Clear a space in the middle of the hashbrowns and add eggs.
- Gently stir until eggs are cooked through.
- Top with cheese. Turn heat off and cover.
- Serve once the cheese has melted