Our Christmas fudge recipe is made quickly in the microwave. Made with both semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips along with marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk blend together into a simple and delicious holiday treat.
While this gluten-free dessert is easy enough for kids to make all on their own, it is the perfect recipe to make as a family this holiday season.
Creating this fudge recipe is such a fun way to kick off the holiday season. Craving other decadent desserts? No Bake Marshmallow Fudge, Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe, Christmas Pretzels and Easy Christmas Cookies for Kids are all kid approved!
Get started by gathering the equipment and ingredients then following the step by step instructions or using the printable recipe card below. It is time to make Ralphie a batch of fudge!
- 9×9 baking pan
- 2 medium-sized microwave safe bowls
- 2 spatulas
- butter knife
- parchment paper
- 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 large marshmallows
- red and green sprinkles optional
How To Make
First step is preparing the baking pan by placing parchment paper into the baking pan. Then, set aside.
Melt the semi-sweet chocolate layer
Add semi-sweet chocolate chips, almond or vanilla extract, and 3/4 of the can of sweetened condensed milk in a medium sized bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, then stir. Continue to heat in 30 second intervals if needed until the chocolate is just melted. Be careful not to over cook the chocolate. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
Melt the white chocolate chip layer
In a separate mixing bowl, add white chocolate chips, marshmallows and the remaining sweetened condensed milk. Heat for 60 seconds, stir. Continue to heat in 30-second intervals if needed until the chocolate is just melted. As a reminder, don’t over cook. Pour the white chocolate layer on top of the chocolate layer in the baking pan.
Combine the layers
Using a butter knife, make swirls in both layers, combining them together. Add sprinkles if desired.
Fun Fact: A red bar of Lifebuoy soap was used in the movie. Add red sprinkles to the fudge as a fun (and tasty) way to represent the soap!
Let sit for 90 minutes to 2 hours before slicing. Enjoy!
As a fun conversation starter, ask these trivia questions before the movie starts then review all the answers at the end to see which family member had the the most right!
A 1937 Oldsmobile Six four-door sedan was used in “Oh Fudge” scene.
Randy is Ralphie’s little brother.
Mashed potatoes! Watch for the scene in the movie of Randy snorting potatoes like a pig. You can even pass out a bowl of Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes during the movie as a snack.
A Red Rider BB gun.
His tongue gets stuck to the pole.
More Gluten-Free Recipes
Looking for more gluten-free recipes to make this season and beyond? Check out each of these popular picks!
- Homemade Gluten-Free Granola Bar
- Gluten-Free Lasagna Dinner Ideas
- Gluten-Free Apple Cake
- Air Fryer Baked Apples (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Donuts
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Homemade Low-Sodium Ramen Noodles
- Gluten-Free Baked Ziti with Sausage
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Christmas Fudge Recipe
- 9×9 baking pan
- 2 medium sized microwave safe bowls
- 2 spatulas
- butter knife
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips ✅
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract ✅
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk ✅
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips ✅
- 8 large marshmallows ✅
- red and green sprinkles optional – ✅
- Prepare the baking pan. Place parchement paper into the baking pan. Set aside.
- ⭐️Melt the semi-sweet chocolate layer. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips, almond or vanilla extract, and 3/4 of the can of sweetened condensed milk in a medium-sized bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, and stir. Continue to heat in 30-second intervals if needed until the chocolate is just melted. Don't overcook. Pour into the prepared baking pan.12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract, 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- ⭐️Melt the white chocolate chip layer. Add white chocolate chips, marshmallows, and the remaining sweetened condensed milk. Heat for 60 seconds, stir. Continue to heat in 30-second intervals if needed until the chocolate is just melted. Don't overcook. Pour on top of the chocolate layer.1/3 cup white chocolate chips, 8 large marshmallows, 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- ⭐️Combine the layers. Using a butter knife make swirls in both layers, combining them together. Add sprinkles if desired. Let sit for 90 minutes to 2 hours before slicing.red and green sprinkles
- Additional toppings include coconut shreds, chopped walnuts or toasted pecans
- Store leftover fudge in an air-tight container in the fridge
- Make and give the fudge as a gift to friends, family or teachers this holiday season