Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are super moist, loaded with chocolate. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are perfect for breakfast, lunch boxes, for dessert or sharing on special occasions.
- 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or half whole wheat flour half white)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients: sugar, oil, eggs, and almond extract.
- Stir in the canned pumpkin.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just until the ingredients start to blend.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until just blended, taking care to not over blend.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.