The BEST Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. Made with gluten-free flour, canned pumpkin, and lots of chocolate chips this is a kid favorite!
Chocolate pumpkin bread with canned pumpkin pie mix is absolutely delicious. I have been on a mission trying to recreate my family’s favorite sweet treat – the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread from Great Harvest Bread Co.
While my kids love my Banana Zucchini Bread, Bran Muffins, and Healthy Apple Bread, I still pick up a loaf of this spiced bread more often than I should admit! My kids adore it and the store is located directly across from their school.
It was time that I figure out how to make pumpkin chocolate chip bread from scratch at home. Keep reading to find out exactly how you too can make this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe at home.
Kitchen Tip: Pumpkin bread works great as a leftover canned pumpkin pie filling recipe to use up leftovers during the holidays.
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare two 9×5 bread pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients including sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin pie filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients including flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until slightly blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and blend until the dry ingredients are just incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
Start by grabbing a medium-sized bowl to combine all of the wet ingredients. Sugar is considered a wet ingredient.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including flour, salt, and baking soda.
Pro Tip: Mixing the dry ingredients by themselves helps evenly disperse the raising agents, spices, etc throughout which is important for an even batter.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just slightly mixed.
By mixing the dry ingredients together, then doing the same with the wet ingredients, you will have to do very little mixing once you combine them.
Add the chocolate chips, then finish blending – just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet ingredients.
Divide the batter between 2 9×5 loaf pans, muffin tins, or smaller-sized loaf pans -> which make great teachers’ gifts!
My favorite small loaf pan is this Mini Loaf Stoneware by Pampered Chef, but this steel Loaf Pan is similar.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or 20- 30 minutes if using small loaf pans or muffin tins.
Pro Tip: Test to see if this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is done by sticking a knife in the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the bread is fully cooked. If it comes out with the batter still on the knife, keep cooking!
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups canned pumpkin pie filling ✅
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla ✅
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda ✅
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ✅
- Preheat the oven and prep the pans. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two 9×5 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients including sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin mix.1 1/2 cups white sugar, 1 1/4 cups canola oil, 4 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups canned pumpkin pie filling
- Combine the dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients including flour, salt, and baking soda.3 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt
- Combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until slightly blended. Add the chocolate chips and blend until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet ingredients. Pour into prepared bread pans.1/2 – 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⭐️Bake. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the bread pan.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
Oh my gosh, the GH bread is a favorite at my house too! I can’t wait to try this amazingly delicious recipe!
Create Kids Club says
Thanks, Kelly! I think you will be really happy with the results 😉 This bread recipe is so delicious!