An easy, moist, and delicious chocolate chip banana bread recipe that requires few ingredients and results in a crunchy outside and moist inside, the best banana bread recipe you’ll ever try.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 medium-sized overripe bananas or 2 large, mashed
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients including flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients including sugar, eggs, oil, and almond extract.
- Add the mashed bananas to the wet ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients stirring just until the ingredients start to blend.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until just blended. Do not over stir.
- Prepare 2 9×5 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter evenly into the pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Store your banana bread in an airtight container for 1-2 days on the counter, for a week in the fridge, or 3 months frozen.