Learn how to make easy Chinese honey chicken using thawed or frozen chicken in the instant pot. This pressure cooker chicken is a healthy dinner recipe your whole family will love.
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Optional: green onions, sesame seeds, sriracha
- Turn instant pot to saute mode and heat oil.
- Add chicken and saute until browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl combine honey, soy sauce, tomato paste, and garlic.
- Add the honey mixture to sauteed chicken, stir, then place the lid onto the instant pot and make sure the valve is turned to sealing.
- Press pressure cook then set for 8 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully do a quick release and remove the lid.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken into a bowl and set aside.
- Turn instant pot to saute mode.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour into the water, then whisk the flour mixture into the sauce in the instant pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back to the sauce mixture and serve with broccoli over rice. Top with green onions, sesame seeds, and sriracha if desired.