Southwest flavors shine in this chili chicken recipe. Made in 30 minutes, this one-pot soup recipe is a delicious family dinner idea. Southwest chicken chili is a must try recipe.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 15.5 oz. cans great northern beans, drained
- 7 oz. can diced green chilies
- 4 tbsp. homemade chicken taco seasoning (or 1 packet taco seasoning)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- olive oil
- optional: greek yogurt, fresh lime slices, cilantro, tortilla chips
- Over medium-high heat, add olive oil to a large stockpot. Sear chicken thighs for about 4-6 minutes, or until browned on one side.
- Flip chicken thighs and continue cooking until cooked through, about another 4-6 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Shred chicken thighs using 2 forks into bite-sized chunks.
- Add taco seasoning, stir, and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, beans, green chilis.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Serve topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt, squeeze of lime juice, cilantro and crushed tortilla chips.