Chicken Sausage Soup is a quick and easy soup recipe that features time-saving ingredients including pre-cooked chicken sausage, frozen veggies, and pre-cooked rice to get a nourishing meal on the table when time is tight.
- 14 oz. bag frozen sliced carrots
- 10 oz. bag frozen roasted corn
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package al fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, sliced
- (2) 8.5 oz. bags precooked brown/wild rice blend rice or 3-4 cups cooked rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- couple sprigs fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. ground
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven.
- Over medium-high heat, saute onions, carrots, and corn until onions are translucent.
- Move veggies to one side of the pot and add chicken sausage slices. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, soy sauce, and thyme. Bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat off, stir in milk and rice.
- To finish the soup, give it a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve hot with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream if desired.