Chicken a la King is a simple and delicious comfort food recipe with fresh mushrooms, sweet peas, and chicken in a creamy sauce served over buttermilk biscuits, rice, or pasta. A must try easy chicken a la king recipe for dinner this week.
- 2 cups cubed or shredded chicken
- 15 oz. can sweet peas, drained
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 oz. jar pimentos, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Serve with biscuits, noodles, or rice
- In a large skillet or saucepan, saute olive oil, onions, and mushrooms until onions are translucent.
- Add butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in flour and let cook 30 seconds.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth, allowing it to return to a simmer before adding more liquid.
- Slowly whisk in milk, allowing it to return to a simmer before adding more liquid.
- Stir in chicken, peas, and pimentos.
- Serve over biscuits, rice, or pasta.