Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes are the absolute best mashed potatoes around. These make-ahead mashed potatoes for a crowd can be reheated in your crockpot saving time and oven space.
- 5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (or half and half for creamier potatoes)
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 3–4 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
To Make For A Crowd
- 10 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup 2% milk (or half and half for creamier potatoes)
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 6–8 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. salt
- In a large stockpot, boil potatoes until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- To drained potatoes, add butter, milk, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, and salt.
- Using a potato masher or hand mixer, mash the potatoes to the consistency desired. Don’t over mix. Serve hot.
Adjust salt to taste. Add more milk if needed.