Our buffalo chicken drumsticks are seasoned, baked, coated in your favorite buffalo sauce, then broiled to perfection. With just 4 ingredients these are a simple dinner that kids love. Gluten-free.
These buffalo chicken legs can be served as an appetizer or as a main entrée. Perfect for any occasion such as family gatherings, super bowl parties or potlucks. Seasoned with a dry ranch packet and buffalo sauce, family and friends are never disappointed!
Planning to serve dessert at your next event or meal? Check out our popular desserts that no one will even know are gluten free! Homemade Gluten-Free Granola Bar, Gluten-Free Apple Cake, Air Fryer Baked Apples (Gluten-Free), Gluten-Free Apple Cider Donuts and Watermelon Ice Cream (Without Ice Cream Maker).
Cooking gluten free recipes can now be stress free! Whether your kitchen is newly gluten-free or you are a seasoned pro, we are here to help navigate your way through a recipe.
Have questions related to gluten free ingredients or cooking? Leave a comment below the printable recipe card!
Start off this recipe by gathering the equipment and gluten-free ingredients. Double check the labels on the chicken legs, dry ranch seasoning and buffalo sauce to ensure they are free of gluten containing ingredients before preheating your oven.
- baking sheet with a wire rack
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- stir spoon
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- 10-12 chicken legs
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
How To Make
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place the chicken legs into a large mixing bowl and pour dry ranch dressing and olive oil on top.
Pro Tip: For the ranch packet, we recommend Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning packets as a gluten-free option that is super flavorful.
Using clean hands, mix well until each chicken leg is coated.
Bake chicken legs
Place seasoned chicken legs onto a wire rack lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
Pro Tip: When temping the chicken, you will want to insert the meat thermometer into the thickness portion of the chicken to ensure the chicken is completely cooked and safe to consume.
Coat chicken with buffalo sauce then broil
Preheat the broiler on the oven then place buffalo sauce into another mixing bowl. For food safety, do not use the same mixing bowl as the raw chicken legs.
Using tongs, carefully coat the oven-baked drumsticks with buffalo sauce. After trying many brands, Sweet Baby Ray’s buffalo sauce is one gluten free brand that is preferred in our home.
Place the chicken legs back onto the wire baking rack. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown and the buffalo sauce is bubbly.
Frequently Asked Questions
The wire rack speeds up the cooking process as well as crisps the skin on the chicken. If this recipe is made without the wire rack, rotate the chicken legs every 10 minutes if crispy chicken is desired.
Line the sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper before adding the wire rack. After the chicken is baked and buffalo sauce is broiled, remove the foil or paper and discard then wash the sheet pan.
How To Serve
Serve hot as is by plating as an appetizer or as a main entrée. Pair with raw veggies, dipping sauces or another dish such as Cheesy Mashed Potato Bites, Velveeta Cheese Sauce Dip, or Greek Yogurt Spinach Dip for a complete meal.
How to use leftover drumsticks
Leftover chicken drumsticks can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days to enjoy reheated as a snack or meal.
- Shred the chicken off the bone to serve in a corn taco shell with coleslaw
- Add the meat to the top of a salad
- Mix the buffalo chicken with gluten-free noodles for a twist on buffalo chicken pasta
More Easy Chicken Recipes
The possibilities are endless when it comes to cooking with chicken. Consider adding any or all of these recipes to the dinner rotation!
- Buffalo Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fry Chicken Legs
- Chicken Parm Meatballs Recipe
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Italian Chicken Thighs
- Greek Chicken Thighs
- Gluten Free Chicken Wings
- Ground Chicken Pasta
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- baking sheet with wire rack
- large mixing bowl
- 10-12 chicken legs ✅
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing ✅Hidden Valley Ranch is gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce ✅
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place chicken legs into a large mixing bowl. Pour dry ranch dressing and olive oil on top. Use clean hands to mix well.10-12 chicken legs, 1 ounce dry ranch dressing, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⭐️ Bake chicken legs. Place seasoned chicken legs onto a wire rack-lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- ⭐️ Coat chicken with buffalo sauce then broil. Preheat the broiler on the oven. Place buffalo sauce into another mixing bowl. Using tongs, carefully coat cooked chicken legs with buffalo sauce. Place back onto the wire baking rack. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown and the buffalo sauce is bubbly. Serve hot.1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Line the sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Double check ingredient labels on the chicken legs, dry ranch seasoning and buffalo sauce.
- Serve with raw veggies, dipping sauces, or other recipe for a complete meal.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days to be reheated as a snack or meal.
- Shred leftover chicken off the bone to incorporate into another recipe.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
Leave a Reply