Brussels Sprout Soup made in the instant pot is a healthy, delicious soup recipe perfect for dinner tonight. This quick low-carb recipe needs to be on your meal plan today! Gluten-free and Dairy-free.
Brussels Sprouts are cruciferous vegetables, which means they are in the same group of vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. They made the perfect soup because of their creamy texture and rich flavor when cooked. I decided to create Brussels sprouts Soup after my kids challenged me to use “the mini cabbages” in a new way.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This soup recipe serves up to 6 people but has the potential to feed a crowd by doubling or tripling the recipe. I love to batch cook this recipe and store it in the freezer for later use during both the summer and winter months.
Related: A Beginners Guide To Everything You Need To Know About Your Instant Pot & How To Use An Instant Pot
You can check out other Brussels sprouts recipes below:
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Baked Brussels Sprouts
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries & Almonds
- Brussels Sprout Apple Salad
- Bacon and Brussel Sprouts Salad
HOW TO MAKE
- Turn instant pot to saute mode
- Add oil, onions and Brussels sprouts. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt and pepper, stir well.
- Add cauliflower and vegetable broth, then cover.
- Make sure to turn the valve to sealing and set on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn the valve to quick release and remove the cover.
- Use an immersion blender to blend or carefully puree the soup in a blender.
- Stir in coconut cream and serve with fresh cracked pepper and roasted Brussels Sprouts if desired.
Start by adding olive oil to the bottom of your instant pot. Then add onions & sliced Brussels sprouts and sauté until softened for ~5 minutes. Then, add minced garlic, salt, cauliflower florets, and low sodium vegetable or chicken broth. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and cover.
Turn the value to SEALING and set for HIGH PRESSURE for 3 minutes. Once complete, turn the value to quick release and remove the lid.
Using an immersion blender, blend together the ingredients. If you do not have an immersion blender, slowly pour the mixture into a blender and blend until thick & creamy.
Stir in coconut cream and mix until combined. I found that coconut cream is the best ingredient to enhance the creaminess of the soup. However, the coconut cream can be replaced with heavy cream or whole milk if preferred.
Yes, there is a difference between coconut cream, coconut milk, and coconut water.
Coconut cream and coconut milk are made by simmering shredded coconut meat in water and then straining out the coconut solids. The liquid is set to the side to separate. The coconut cream will be a semi-solid liquid at the top once if it is separated and can be scraped off and used. The coconut milk is the next layer of liquid when separated.
Coconut water is found in the center of a young coconut and differs from coconut cream and milk because it does not have a fat content.
No. Simply rinse the Brussels sprouts, remove any damaged outside layers, and trim the ends off.
For this recipe, we cut them in half to get more of the surface sauteed. You may skip this step if desired as they will be pureed at the end.
SHOPPING TIP: When you are shopping for coconut cream, make sure to read the label. Coconut cream and cream of coconut are both sold in stores. Cream of coconut has sugar added to coconut cream and is best for using in desserts.
Add cracked black pepper and/or roasted Brussels sprouts to the top of the Brussels soup before serving if desired. Crumbed bacon or sausage are other great topping options to add to your bowl of healthy Brussel sprout soup.
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Brussels Sprout Soup (Instant Pot)
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth check for gluten-free
- 1/2 cup coconut cream check for gluten-free
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Sautee onions and Brussels sprouts. Turn instant pot to saute mode. Add oil, onions, and Brussels sprouts. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes.1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, washed and trimmed, 1 medium onion, diced, 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Add the rest of the ingredients (besides coconut cream). Add garlic and salt and pepper, stir well. Add cauliflower and vegetable broth, then cover. Make sure to turn the valve to sealing and set on high pressure for 3 minutes. Once cooked, turn the valve to quick release and remove the cover.1 head cauliflower, chopped, 4 cups vegetable broth, 2 tsp. minced garlic, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Puree. Use an immersion blender to blend or carefully puree the soup in a blender.1/2 cup coconut cream
- Stir in coconut cream and garnish. Stir in coconut cream and serve with fresh cracked pepper and roasted Brussels Sprouts if desired.