Animal pancakes make breakfast a whole lot of fun! Made with gluten-free pancake mix, applesauce, and zucchini then topped with fruit. This easy recipe for kids gets the creativity flowing as children create their own edible art!
How To Make
This family meal idea is easy to get on the table. Simply make the pancake batter, adding 1 cup of shredded zucchini. Pour batter onto hot griddle (or pan) in different sized circles and ovals. For different shapes, spray metal cookie cutters with nonstick spray and pour batter into them. Once the bottom is cooked, remove the cookie cutter with an oven mitt (they get hot!), and flip.
Fill bowls with a variety of fruit, yogurt, and breakfast meats – I used sausage and bacon. Present the plate of pancakes in different sizes and shapes along with all the toppings.
Fruit Pancakes are a great idea for your child’s next sleepover.
It’s easy to do, and kids have a blast playing with their meal before eating it! It’s also a great way to get more fruit into children! 🙂
Everyone loves breakfast for dinner, and busy moms love easy meals. I’d love to hear how your family likes this family meal idea.
Try serving this homemade applesauce to go with.
- nonstick cooking spray
- bowls for the fruit and meat
- 2 cups Gluten-free Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup yogurt ✅
- raspberries, blueberries, cuties, strawberries, banana slices, etc
- 6 sausage links ✅
- 6 slices bacon ✅
- ⭐️Prep the griddle. Preheat the griddle, spraying with nonstick cooking spray before pouring pancakes.
- Mix the pancakes. Add the pancake mix, milk, eggs, yogurt, and shredded zucchini. Stir just until combined.2 cups Gluten-free Pancake & Baking Mix, 1 cup milk, 2 large eggs, 1 cup shredded zucchini, 1/2 cup yogurt
- ⭐️Cook. Pour batter onto hot griddle. Pour large and small pancakes or use cookie cutters to make a variety of shapes.
- Design. Place fruits, yogurt, and breakfast meats into fun serving dishes. Serve alongside pancake shapes. Let your family assemble their own creations for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!raspberries, blueberries, cuties, strawberries, banana slices, etc, 6 sausage links, 6 slices bacon