Baked 7 layer dip is made with just 10 ingredients & takes less than 10 minutes to put together. It’s light in fat and calories but packed with flavor – perfect for game day! Gluten-free.
I live in Green Bay and football season is a big deal. I’m always looking for fresh ideas to bring to tailgates and parties.
This bean dip recipe is the perfect addition to any party this fall or as a game day appetizer. With just 10 ingredients, 5 of them being canned goods that you simply open and layer on, it’s a deliciously creamy, cheesy, bean dip that your guests are sure to love!
How To Make
Start by blending plain yogurt, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Place in an oven-safe serving dish.
Next, you can add the can of black chili beans on top.
Pro Tip: Chili beans have extra flavor already in the can, helping make a delicious dish, quickly!
Layer the white chili beans on top.
Pro Tip: Drain some of the excess liquid from the cans of chili beans, but do not rinse.
Add 1 can of drained corn nuggets on top of the chili beans.
Pick your favorite salsa and layer that on next.
Top the salsa with shredded sharp cheddar, or your favorite cheese blend, then bake. The dip just needs to be in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt and the dish to warm.
Pro Tip: Don’t overcook or cook at a higher temperature or the yogurt-based bottom layer will curdle. If that happens, the dip still tastes delicious, but it won’t look pretty!
More appetizer recipes
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Baked 7 Layer Dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4.5 ounce can green chilies ✅
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ✅
- 1 teaspoon cumin ✅
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15.5 ounce can Black Chili Beans, slightly drained ✅
- 15.5 ounce can White Chili Beans, slightly drained ✅
- 15.25 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese ✅
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the yogurt mixture. In medium-sized bowl blend yogurt, chilies, chili powder, cumin, and salt together. Pour into a 9 x 9-inch oven-safe serving dish or round pie pan.1 cup plain yogurt, 4.5 ounce can green chilies, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Layer the dip. Top yogurt mixture with black chili beans, white chili beans, corn kernels, salsa, then top with shredded cheese.15.5 ounce can Black Chili Beans, slightly drained, 15.5 ounce can White Chili Beans, slightly drained, 15.25 ounce can corn, drained, 1 cup salsa, 1 cup shredded cheese
- ⭐️Bake. Bake for 15 minutes. Broil, if desired, for 2 minutes for golden brown cheese.
- Serve. Top with avocado slices, green onions, and tomatoes. Serve with tortilla chips.1 medium avocado, sliced, 1/4 cup chopped green onion, 1 medium tomato, diced