Seven-layer bean dip has just 10 ingredients & takes less than 10 minutes to put together. It's light in fat and calories, yet is a delicious warm Mexican dip perfect for game day!
I live in Green Bay and football season is a big deal. I'm always looking for fresh ideas to bring to tailgates and parties.
What better food to share than a delicious, yet healthy, appetizer that is baked to perfection & simple to make!? This is the best 7 layer dip that your friends will ask for time and again!
This seven-layer bean dip recipe is the perfect addition to any party this fall or as a game day appetizer. With just 10 ingredients, 5 of them being canned goods that you simply open and layer on, it's a deliciously creamy, cheesy, bean dip that your guests are sure to love!
How To Make Seven Layer Bean Dip:
Start by blending plain yogurt, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Place in an oven-safe serving dish.
Dietitian Tip: If you're interested in information on the nutritional benefits of yogurt click here.
Next, you can add the can of black chili beans on top.
Pro Tip: Chili beans have extra flavor already in the can, helping make a delicious dish, quickly!
Layer the white chili beans on top.
Pro Tip: Drain some of the excess liquid from the cans of chili beans, but do not rinse.
Add 1 can of drained corn nuggets on top of the chili beans.
Pick your favorite salsa and layer that on next.
Top the salsa with shredded sharp cheddar, or your favorite cheese blend, then bake. The dip just needs to be in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt and the dish to warm.
Pro Tip: Don't overcook or cook at a higher temperature or the yogurt-based bottom layer will curdle. If that happens, the dip still tastes delicious, but it won't look pretty!
Delicious Recipes Sent Weekly
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
You might also these appetizer recipes:
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilies
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 can S&W Black Chili Beans slightly drained
- 1 can S&W White Chili Beans slightly drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 whole avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sized bowl blend yogurt, chilies, chili powder, cumin, and salt together. Pour into a 9 x 9-inch oven-safe serving dish or round pie pan.
- Top yogurt mixture with black chili beans, slightly drained.
- Add white chili beans, slightly drained, on top of black chili beans.
- Pour corn kernels on top.
- Spread salsa on top of corn.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Broil, if desired, for 2 minutes for golden brown cheese.