This bite-sized baked veggie nuggets recipe is a simple and delicious way to get more veggies into your family.
If you’re like me, I tend to cut broccoli as close to the florets as possible so I don’t have to listen to my kids complain about the stalky part of the broccoli, which they don’t care for.
But now I have another way to utilize this nutritious part of a head of broccoli all without anyone even realizing…
These veggie nuggets taste amazing, come together quickly, and make plenty to freeze for later.
So which is healthier, the florets or the stalk?
Neither! All parts are good for you. Broccoli contains vitamin C, potassium, B vitamins, along with some calcium and iron, which are contained equally in both parts.
If you plan to use the whole stem on the broccoli, the outside layer should be peeled, removing the fibrous outside layer. Here’s how.
These vegetable nuggets taste great eaten plain, but are even better when paired with Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing!
How to make Baked Veggie Nuggets
Start by adding raw veggies to a high-speed blender or food processor. I used carrots and broccoli, but you could add in other veggies of choice if desired.
Add eggs, panko, cheese, and seasonings then blend, scraping the sides along the way.
Once your mixture is pureed, add the addition of panko and cheese.
Use a cookie scoop to make balls of veggie nuggets, then roll them in a mixture of panko and parmesan cheese.
Place veggie nuggets onto a baking pan. Then gently push down to flatten.
Bake, flipping 10 minutes in…
Voila! Baked veggie nuggets!
You may also enjoy the following recipes prevent food waste:
Baked Veggie Nuggets
- 3 cups broccoli pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To blender or food processor, add broccoli and carrots. Blend until well chopped.
- Add eggs, 1 1/4 cups panko, mozzarella cheese, and spices. Blend until pureed, scraping sides as needed.
- Stir in 1/4 cup panko and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, blend 1/4 cup panko with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll batter into small balls, then roll in panko blend
- Place veggie balls onto baking sheet. Gently push down on the balls to form nugget shapes
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then bake an addition 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!