Cod fish tacos are simple to make in just a few easy steps. Paired with a creamy guacamole these are a kid favorite. Gluten-free.
The Many Health Benefits of Omega-3s
Fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3’s are essential for brain health and some studies suggest they reduce the risk of heart disease. The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends adults consume at least 8 ounces of seafood per week. Aim for two 4-ounce servings of fish each week.
Working towards this goal, I decided to try my hand at the very tasty —> fish tacos.
How To Make
To make this sweet, yet savory, guacamole, start by mashing one avocado with the strawberry yogurt. Add the mango, avocado chunks, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Blend with a fork.
I made this easy fish taco recipe with Wild Pacific Cod, but you could use any white fish.
All that is left is assembling the tacos. Fish tacos are traditionally served with slaw, but that would have pushed my family a bit too far. I settled for a spinach base, topped with baked cod, the guacamole, then drizzled with lime juice once served.
Looking for more taco night ideas? Check out these fabulous recipes:
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Cod Fish Tacos
- 12 ounces cod ✅
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup Strawberry yogurt ✅
- 1/2 lime, juiced plus wedges for serving
- 1-2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Prep the oven and the fish. Preheat the broiler. Place fish fillets onto a baking sheet, and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven.12 ounces cod, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- ⭐️Broil. Broil for about 10 minutes, or until fish hits an internal temp of 145 degrees.
- Prep the guacamole. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash the whole avocado along with the yogurt. Add in the cubed avocado, mango, lime juice, salt, cilantro, and pepper to taste. Mix with fork.2 ripe avocados, diced, 1/2 mango, diced, 1/4 cup Strawberry yogurt, 1/2 lime, juiced plus wedges for serving, 1-2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, plus additional for serving, 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Serve. Place fish on the corn tortilla topped with guacamole. Top with additional lime juice and cilantro if desired.