Our air fryer baked apples use brown sugar and cinnamon to create a crisp caramelized coating. Made in under 30 minutes start to finish. Eat them as they are or top them with ice cream or whipped topping. A kid favorite! Gluten-free.
It is that time of the year again when apples are readily available at grocery stores and apple orchards. Whether your family is picking apples from a shelf or apple tree, this is the ultimate apple dessert.
We used Honeycrisp apples which are the perfect amount of tartness yet sweetness.
Any variety of apple can be used in the making of this recipe. Granny Smith, Gala, Jonagold or Fuji are our other top apple recommendations.
- air fryer
- apple corer or knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board
- 4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream optional (check for gluten-free)
How To Bake Apples
After gathering the equipment and ingredients for this recipe, follow the simple step by step instructions to have apples air fried in under 20 minutes!
Prepare the apples for baking
To start, place the apples on a cutting board. Cut the top off each apple, then use the apple corer to core each apple. Next, place the apples onto the air fryer tray.
Add cinnamon and brown sugar
Sprinkle each apple with cinnamon then evenly distribute the brown sugar over the top of the apples.
Mix It Up: Apple pie spice or allspice are two options to swap with the cinnamon if desired.
Preheat air fryer to 350°F
After the air fryer is preheated, bake for 15 -20 minutes or until apples are soft. You will love the apple aroma that fills your home while the apples are baking! We used our Ninja Foodi air fryer.
Serve the apples as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel sauce or topped with Make-Ahead Whipped Cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t own an air fryer, place the apples in the oven to bake at 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until soft.
If you have leftover baked apples, store in the fridge up to 3 days to serve as a snack or incorporate into apple cake.
We recommend selecting Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Gala, Jonagold or Fuji.
More Recipes With Apples
- Banana Bread with Applesauce and Yogurt
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Brussels Sprout Apple Salad
- No Sugar Applesauce
- How to Make THE BEST Apple Crisp
- Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- Bran Muffins with Applesauce
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you are an air fryer newbie, you will quickly learn how versatile this kitchen tool is. From crispy dinners to decadent desserts, there is a recipe that can be made for any meal.
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Ground Turkey (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Banana Chips
- Air Fry Chicken Legs
- Ninja Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Italian Chicken Thighs
- Salmon Patties in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Air Fryer Baked Apples
- 4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ✅
- vanilla ice cream optional ✅
- ⭐️Prepare the apples for baking. Place the apples on a cutting board. Cut the top off each apple, then use the apple corer to core each apple. Place onto air fryer tray.4 medium apples
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle each apple with cinnamon then evenly distribute the brown sugar over the top of the apples.1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⭐️Preheat air fryer to 350°F and bake. Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until apples are soft. Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.vanilla ice cream
- Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Gala, Jonagold or Fuji are our top apple recommendations for baking.
- If you don’t own an air fryer, place the apples in the oven to bake at 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until soft.